If your MOT test is due and you are looking to get your vehicle tested in Guildford, make sure you you have done your research and considered the different options carefully. The experts at Pantech Auto Technicians have rounded up all the important information you need to be aware of to ensure your vehicle is in the best hands possible.
Where can I get an MOT test in Guildford?
Once your vehicle reaches 3 years old, you will need to get an MOT test every 12 months. The online Government tool can help you identify when your next MOT is due – just enter your registration number and vehicle make. You are able to get your test done up to a month before the expiration date, and it is illegal to drive your car after the date has passed. The only instance this does not apply is if you are driving your vehicle directly to be tested.
There are numerous options in Guildford to get your MOT test, but you should consider carefully to ensure your vehicles is being handled by a testing station that is honest, professional, and trustworthy.
Get the best deal in Guildford at Pantech Auto Technicians
Pantech Auto Technicians are a family-run garage that has been offering a high-quality service in Guildford for over 25 years. We offer a reliable and professional MOT testing service in Guilford, with every member of the team fully certified by the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA).
- Approved MOT testing station by the Department of Transport.
- RMI (Retail Motor Industry) member.
- Approved ‘Trust My Garage”.
We pride ourselves on providing a friendly and personal service to ensure all those that are under our care feel comfortable to approach us with any questions they may have regarding the test.
We are located at Stag Hill, A3, Guildford Bypass (southbound carriageway), between the Hogs Back A31 junction and the Surrey University/Guildford Cathedral junction.
What to expect in your MOT test
During the MOT test, the vehicle’s important components will be inspected to make sure they meet legal requirements. If you are testing with Pantech, you are welcome to relax in our waiting area and enjoy a complimentary hot drink. Alternatively, Guildford Town Centre is a short journey away and features a full range of shops and amenities, including the Friary shopping centre.
An MOT test takes approximately one hour, but it will be longer if your vehicle fails and repairs are required for a re-test. The following components will be inspected by your mechanic:
- Body, vehicle structure and general items
- Fuel system
- Exhaust emissions and system
- Seatbelts and seats
- Doors and mirrors
- Load security
- Tyres and wheels
- Registration plates and vehicle identification number
- Wipers and washers
- Steering and suspension
- Electrical wiring and battery
To ensure all our customers get value for money, Pantech offer a 14-day free retest if your vehicle fails the MOT test.
Motorcycle MOT Test in Guildford
A motorcycle MOT test does not involve an inspection of its general mechanical condition, or the engine, clutch, or gearbox. The following important parts will be checked:
- Lights: their condition, that they work properly, if they are secure, correct colour, and the rear lights, indicators, and reflectors.
- Steering and suspension
- Wheels and tyres: their condition, if they are secure, the size and type, correct fitment, tread depth, and valve condition.
- Frame: checked for damage, distortion and corrosion that is likely to affect the steering or braking.
- Braking: the condition, operation and performance, as well as control.
- Exhaust system: to check it is secure, complete, and not too noisy.
- Fuel system: checked for leaks and the security of its components.
- Seats: checking the presence of a rider’s seat, and any seats are attached securely.
- Wheel alignment: the front and rear wheels correctly aligned.
- Sidecars: if fitted, the checking for secure attachment, alignment, suspension, wheel bearings, and the lights and tyres.
- Horn: working properly and is suitable for the vehicle.
- Registration plates, vehicle identification and frame numbers: present and legible.
- Drive chain and sprocket: that they are not loose, tight, or worn.
- Throttle: that is works correctly.
- Clutch lever: must not be bent, damaged, or shortened so that it cannot easily be used.
- Footrests: that they are present and fitted securely.
If you would like to book your car or motorcycle in for an MOT, repairs or servicing, please do not hesitate to contact us at Pantech Auto Technicians today.